Re: Terry's DRSSTC 6000 BPS testing

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The 6000 PBS burst mode seemed to produce roughly 20% longer arcs than the standard mode.

At a cost of how much extra power consumption though? In other words what was the "Freau Number" (spark length divided by square root power consumption) for your coil in 6k bps pulse mode compared to say standard 200 bps?

I would bet that it is less efficient (lower Freau number) at 6k than at 200, otherwise our theories on streamer growth are all wrong.

The high energy 6000BPS streamers may be very unpleasent to get hit by!!

I'll say :-o

The DRSSTC protectors where the only real change and they seems to do the trick!

What were those? Was that the extra inductors that you added or something?

If anyone knows a super good way to compress video without killing sound and video quality I would like to know about it.

MPEG format (.mpg file) seems to be best. DivX is good too but the free version is adware. You can easily convert between formats, resolutions, and frame rates with the free VirtualDub software. But you don't get something for nothing, compression always hurts quality, you just have to go for the biggest file that you think people will be bothered downloading.

Steve Conner