Re: Beading caught on film.

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thankyou Malcolm, that makes sense. I wonder if there was a leader coming from behind the curtain on Terry's picture.

Gerry R

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 4 May 2005, at 21:31, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> The coil was a classical spark gap (either static SG or SRSG) TC
> powered from NST's.  The phenominum occured at 500W and 1KW power
> levels (and using a smaller coil as well).  I can draw a 5 foot arc
> and there would be a 3 or 4 inch segment of the arc close to but not
> touching the grounded strike point that would be about twice as bright
> as the rest of the arc.  The position of the segment would not change
> from one streamer to another.
>
> Gerry R

I think you'll find that's about where the streamer emanating from
the coil meets with a leader coming from the target.

Malcolm