Re: topic drift from Russian high-voltage to Russian Tesla Coils and Canadian ham radio operators

"    One US version was at/near Cutler Maine, I got an IEEE tour.
    Being scrapped out as we speak, i believe.
    Recollect it as lots of conventional KW level transmitters, phase
locked,
    'large' antenna array.

    best
       dwp"

	AN/FPS-118.  Good description.  The original system SRI set up used a
group of commercial "short wave" transmitters and a transmitting antenna
about a mile long, using a single row of vertical elements with phase
steering by means of coax cable dely lines and a whole pot full of
switches.  Receiving site was far separated and much smaller.

Ed