Re: Russian high-voltage installation (being scrapped?)

"   Are you by any chance referring to the Russian Over the Horizon
Radar
sites often called "Woodpecker"?  Not TC's, but large pulsed
transmitters operating in the HF band.  One was at Kiev and forget the
others.  Long since off the air.

Ed

Not to my knowledge, Ed, but there's sooo much I don't know (I keep proving that to the list every day). Was this that huge phased array radar site?

     -- thanks,

     David"

	It certainly was a huge phased array radar site.  Any system with
highly directive antennas working in the 3 to 30 MHz region will have a
huge phase steered array.  For a US example look at this:

	http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/an-fps-118.htm

(Hope I typed that right - reading it from another screen.

	There have been even larger experimental systems.  However, NONE used
Tesla coils or "Tesla technology".

Ed