Re: No Terry Filter

"Ed,
Do you have a design for a resonant charging driver for ignition coils?
have been wanting to do this but I haven't seen any examples where
someone
else has done it. So far, I have run my coils with a dimmer and 2 MO
caps
in parallel (1.95 mF total) and with a 555 wired as an astable
multivibrator running between approximately 200Hz and 1000Hz.  I'm
probably
crazy but what I had in mind is using a MOT with a voltage doubler
driving
a resonant charger and cap using either a spark gap or SIDACs to
discharge
the cap through the primary of the ignition coil. Peter Terren has an
example of driving an ignition coil with a MOT and SIDACs on his site. I
would appreciate any advice.
Paul
Think Positive"

	Answer is yes, but not running from such a high voltage source.  The
thing runs from voltage-doubled 120 V power line or other 300 volt
source, uses a series charging choke with "disconnect diode" to charge
the capacitor to about 600 volts.  Produces 5 to 6 inch sparks from two
GMHEI coils potted in oil, although that is an upper limit and picking a
capacitor to give about 4 to 5 inches is safer for the transformers.
The discharge switch is a quadrac running in self-oscillating mode.  I
can send schematic and pictures if you're interested.  Can't remember if
they are on hotstreamer or not.

Ed