Soviet era tesla coils Re: Russian high-voltage installation (being scrapped?)

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 7:19 PM Subject: Re: Russian high-voltage installation (being scrapped?) > Does anyone else recall a show on Discovery Channel (or one like it), > discussing the possibility of the Soviets running Tesla Coils? While my > memory is vague on this, I recall some Canadian ham radio operators > complaining that some frequencies were no longer usable because of > interference, and they showed the signal coming across pretty clearly on an > oscilloscope.

I imagine you're referring to "the woodpecker", a big over the horizon HF
radar. Based at Krasnyorsk (sp?).
Yep.. pretty darn annoying on HF.