Re: power vs. toroid size

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Skip:

Use a 4.5 h/d ratio for good performance.  With a given dia this will give
you the correct length for the winding.  Divide this winding length by 1,400
turns to provide the correct wire dia. from which you can look up in the
wire charts the correct AWG to use.

If you are running NST then a 4 or 6 inch dia will give good performance at
30 mA.  Use 8 to 10 inch PVC pipe for a 60 mA NST.  If running a pole xmfr
then use 16-24 inch dia for good performance.

Min. toroid size should be twice sec coilform dia.  Even better performance
with 3-4 x the sec coilform dia, however the toroid cost gets expensive when
the sec gets large.

If you contact me off-list I can send you some digital photos of how we
constructed our large 10 ft x 30 inch dia toroid using mesh wire and
styrofoam.

Dr. Resonance ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:22 PM Subject: power vs. toroid size