power vs. toroid size

Original poster: Skip Greiner <sgreiner@xxxxxxxxx>

I suspect that this subject may have been discussed before but I have been unable to locate info in the archives.
Has work been done to determine the minimum power input to a TC to drive a given sized toroid to breakout? I under stand that there are many factors that might affect breakout including the roughness of the toroid surface, humidity, etc. But I would think that, assuming some reasonable efficiency, there should be some relational ship between power input and the ability to get breakout from the toroid. I would think that when designing a new TC, one would have to take into consideration the possible sizes for the toroid when setting the parameters for the secondary. Any comments would be appreciated.
Skip