Re: oil for transformers

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

ummm... not to be harsh but if you want to change out the oil after each time you run it I suppose its ok... I would use an oil that is not prone to a "bio-degradeable" reaction... remember.. you are dealing with an enviroment that produces electromagnetic "radiation" that will affect ( effect?) the hydro-carbon fatty acid molecular bonds (( which are weak in Veggie oil)) as compared to say petrolium based oils ( motor oils trannie oils mineral oil )

SD

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I wouldn't use motor oil. If it is just an MOT the vegetable oil should work fine.

Paul S. Marshall