Re: DC powered Coil single phase 14.4KV 5KVA pig DCPTC ?-)

Original poster: tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> The cap recharge cycle is so rapid that the movement of the spark gap
> electrodes is essentially a moot point.  All you need is adequate current

in a gap setup as SPDT and a constant DC supply of power, you can run at
almost any break rate. That's what I'm after. You need a decent sized
filter cap, but they exist.

> to > insure the rapid recharge. DC system not really necessary unless you are > running 3 phase power. A lot of extra work, time, and money with no real > gain.

Tesla Coil projects are all about burning time and money with no real gain.

KEN