Re: Streamer colour

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

Ive seen a nearly white streamer ( well actually an arc) from the BIGPIG coil the arc length was 10" from toroid to ground rod...
actually pitted the rod and melted the aluminum tape on the toroid. very loud and bright probably as bright as the spark gap... but if you want to consider streamer a non contacting to ground item then no... purple to blue color only...

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

all,

In my book, streamers terminate in the air, arcs terminate in a ground connection.

I have never seen a streamer that was not purple/pink.
Only the whimsiest feeble arsc were anything other than white/blue.
(And the arcs from Steve Connors OLTC were the fiercest ones of them all, progressively whiter, thicker and more luminant towards the ground rod)
Am I missing something? Has anyone ever seen a white hot streamer, and I mean _seen_ as opposed to seen a picture of.

Cheers, Finn Hammer