Re: O-Scope for tesla coil use

Original poster: Jerry White <starcatfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Rich;
TAKE IT!!
Even if it was not the high quality instrument that it is, any o'scope is better than none! I can do you one better, my brother-in-law decided to cet rid of some electronic equipment that he no longer used. I am know the proud owner of a Tektronics Type 310A 'scope,(1 trace 1meg BW, sligtly older than the 535) but still good, a heath kit audio ocillator, a B&K RF generator and a 40kvdc high voltage probe! :-)
Jerry

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Rich Simpson

Hi Everyone,
I was offered a scope from a friend who just got a new one, I currently do
not have one.

The scope is a Tektronix 535, it is a huge analog tube scope that came from
the U.S. navy.

Would this scope be at all useful for tuning coils, etc?

Where could I find the specs, or a manual for this scope?

I know it is very old, but it does work, and it is free to me.

Should I take it, or pass it up?