Re: Need information on this device . . .

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Need some information on this antique device . . . I believe Harry Goldman brought this particular device to the 2003 RATCB. Anyways, looking to find more specifics on the device, if there is anywhere that these can be purchased still (as collectible of course), dates, manufactuer, etc...

Thanks
Dan

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/ratcb2003/bigimages/236-3696_IMG.jpg
Dan,

The device is definitely an antique and I suspect that most of the ones that were built have long since been relegated to the scrap heap. Finding an original could be a daunting task.

I had the "pleasure" of trying the device while visiting Harry and Ruth a couple years ago. At the time, Harry removed the cover to reveal the inner components which consist of nothing more than a vibrator, restate and standard automotive ignition coil powered by a single "D" cell. The restate is connected to one of the handles.

I have no idea who the manufacturer was or the date. I suggest you contact Harry for that information. Given the simplicity of the circuit, one could be constructed in a fairly short period of time. The hardest part would be duplicating the cabinet.

Ed Wingate RATCB