RE: Wireless transmission of power,

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matt,

> Tesla firmly did not believe in RF theory.  Tesla clearly
> stated his view that magnetic pulses through the Aether was
> his method and medium and that it was far superior to Hertz's
> electromagnetic propagation method.  He even went so far as
> to say that Hertzian waves would be abandoned once people
> understood his theory.
>
> Where and when was this stated?

THE DISTURBING INFLUENCE OF SOLAR RADIATION
ON THE WIRELESS TRANSMISSION OF ENERGY
by Nikola Tesla
Electrical Review and Western Electrician, July 6, 1912

A MACHINE TO END WAR
by Nikola Tesla
A Famous Inventor, Picturing Life 100 Years from Now, Reveals an
Astounding
Scientific Venture Which He Believes Will Change the Course of History

Liberty, February 1937

N. Y. World
Jan. 5, 1908
NIKOLA TESLA'S FORECAST FOR 1908.
Aerial and Sea Navigation and Wireless Telegraphy to Make Astounding
Strides.

New York Herald Tribune
Sept. 11, 1932
PIONEER RADIO ENGINEER GIVES VIEWS ON POWER
Tesla Says Wireless Waves Are Not Electromagnetic, But Sound In Nature
Holds Space Not Curved
Predicts Power Transmission to Other Planets

That's just a few articles.  As you can see from the last article
headers, Tesla was not always right.

>> But then came Einstein who wrote the Aether out of
>> electromagnetic theory after the MMX.  By doing so he removed
>> the medium that Tesla was modulating with magnetic pulses.
>
> Actually, Einstein and the MMX wrote Aether out of the whole
> space-time continuum as unnecessary baggage. Its existence is
> not necessary to explain a single VERIFIABLE effect.

Sure it is.  The only mathematically correct Unified Force Theory,
which I discovered, depends on understanding the Aether.  The concept
in General Relativity Theory that gravity bends light (I know, that is
only a popular interpretation) is also patently wrong.  Gravity has
nothing to do with the bending of light and General Relativity can't
work without quantifying space-time, which is the Aether.  And the
truth is, later in life Albert Einstein recognized his error in
writing out the Aether.  He regretted it.

>> Although Tesla was wrong to state that Hertzian waves were
>> non-existent, he was correct in his view that Aether could be
>> modulated with magnetic pulses.  He clearly distinguishes his
>> method of using magnetic pulses in many of his patents.
>
> Tesla never stated that they were nonexistent. He even refers
> to them several times in his patents. I don't think you can
> modulate that which does not exist by magnetic pulses or any
> other means.

>From Tesla in PIONEER RADIO ENGINEER GIVES VIEWS ON POWER, "The
so-called Hertz waves are still considered a reality proving that
light is electrical in its nature, and also that the ether is capable
of transmitting transverse vibrations of frequencies however low. This
view has become untenable since I showed that the universal medium is
a gaseous body in which only longitudinal pulses can be propagated,
involving alternating compressions and expansions similar to those
produced by sound waves in the air. Thus, a wireless transmitter does
not emit Hertz waves which are a myth, but sound waves in the ether,
behaving in every respect like those in the air, except that, owing to
the great elastic force and extremely small density of the medium,
their speed is that of light."

> Unfortunately, the theory has a problem with the
> correspondence principle and bleeds on Occam's razor.

In what way?  Did you read the book already?

> Too bad that he never had a chamce to try Wardenclyffe. In US Pat
No.
> 613,809 he describes the forerunner of a standard R/C transmitter &
> receiver with appropriate escapements. Standard radio transmission
and
> reception here, no new theory needed. Signaling Mars if there's no
one
> there to hear it is hard to disprove, but not very rewarding.

He claimed his experiments at Colorado Springs proved it would work.
There are also reports that he fired up Wardencliffe the night before
the Westinghouse generators were confiscated.

> Tesla's "despising" RF is like nature "hating" a vacuum.
> Makes for good literature but bad science. I don't think he was that
emotional.

He was very emotional and suffered from depression regularly.  He was
wrong about many things, but obviously he was right about many things,
too.  What separates Tesla from the rest of the pack was that his
ideas were based on real, operating machinery, whereas many others
merely speculate.

I stand by the fact that I have quantified Tesla's ideas of modulating
the Aether without sending photons through it.  If you would like, you
can read the book and criticize it.  But it will not make good
discussion on this list to simply criticize my work based on your
present understanding of physics.  My work is referenced,
well-reasoned, and based on empirical data.

Both Hertzian and Tesla waves are possible, neither negates the
reality of the other.

Dave