Re: Wireless transmission of power,

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 16 Mar 2005, at 7:56, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This is my final comment on wireless transmission. After a little
> thought, it came to me that it doesn't really matter whether or not
> wireless transmission is possible or even feasible because if it is
> possible, no company or business venture will ever touch it. Why would
> they? If someone were to build a wireless electricity transmitter, how
> could they possibly control who built or bought receivers and took all
> the power they need without any compensation to the entity
> transmitting the power. That would be like a radio station trying to
> charge those receiving there signals. Heck, just look at all the
> trouble cablevision companies have with prospective "customers"
> helping themselves to their transmissions and the cable companies have
> wires that they can track to the perpetrators!! Paul Brodie Think
> positive!

I think it does matter whether the scheme is possible or not if just
from a scientific point of view. Without a definitive answer the
debate will continue interminably, at least in some quarters. I've
made my mind up but my answer is based on reason and measurement, not
proof. At least one pair of researchers was supposed to be working on
it and last I heard, was supposed to have had something in the works
around about 2000 (which to my mind pretty much signals the likely
outcome).

Malcolm
<snip>