Re: Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-))

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

I presume you are using some type of grounded strike rail?

We make up 3 stands that terminate on top with a 1/2 dia metal cabinet knob.
The stands have a 5 x 5 inch x 1/4 inch thick base.  Each vertical brass rod
is adjustable from 12 inches up to 3 ft.

The three are joined together with standard "bananna" plugs and receptacles
for fast setup.

We place them 3-4" away from the edge of the upper base support --- just
outside of the primary.  We made the vertical brass piece adjustable with a
small hose clamp.  This allows vertical adjustment for different coils such
that the small terminal ball is approx 3-4 inches above the primary coil and
3-4" outside of it.  In essence, a portable strike rail!

It's very easy to set up and makes the mounting of a fixed ring on the pri a
thing of the past.  Allows placement around different coils as you build
different designs.

The main ground is attached to the main ref ground --- same one as the
bottom of the sec coil.

Dr. Resonance