Re: PVC Pipe - Plastic Wrap Coating

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>
When I get my PVC pipe cut to size, I'll wash it with soap & water and let it dry for a few days,. I did notice even after a good soaking with water,within a minute of drying off with a clean cloth or paper towel, it produces a lot of static 'tricity, so is the pvc really absorbing that much moisture?

Good observation. If PVC absorbs water, it's just at the surface. otherwise water pipes would leak a lot, what they do not. PVC is an excellent insulator if kept in a reasonably dry place, and the slightest heating of the surface removes all moisture quickly.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz