Re: PVC Pipe - Plastic Wrap Coating

Hi Dave,

I don't "paint" my coils anymore either ;-) I do wind them "tight" so minor temp/humidity variations do not cause the windings to go loose and fall. But for protection, I wrap them good with shipping stretch wrap. All office supply stores have it. It is like Saran wrap but heavier. It protect the coil from physical damage very well and if it arcs up or gets damaged, you can easily pull it off and replace it!! Here is my new little DRSSTC coil.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PlasticWrap.JPG

Here is were I blew one a while back...

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/WrapBurn01.jpg
Looks bad!!
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/WrapBurn02.jpg
The wrap does not "burn bad" so the actual damage was limited...
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/WrapBurn03.jpg
Just coated it with epoxy...
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/WrapBurn04.jpg
Brushed it up before the coating with a toothbrush,magnifier, and alcohol. Not bad at all!!
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/WrapBurn05.jpg
Here is the wrap from Office Depot...

Cheers,

        Terry