Re: PVC Pipe

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

...yes, my last two coils I've sprayed the PVC with Dolphs Lamination coating,..spray can. I dont bother coating the windings anymore. When the winding is done, I put a small amount of epoxy around the last few turns on each end, just to keep it from unwinding..........No racing spark problems, but, the aspect ratio has been a little higher with my last two coils,..4" by 23.5". I would think if your coil is that far off, its gonna arc through what ever coating you put on it, and, if you have a very heavey coat, it will make it that much harder for a possible repair,...but heck, I DONT KNOW !!!!

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: PVC Pipe
>Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:06:20 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>Dolph's AC-43 is the best to use and it won't permeate.  It's a
>special
>insulation formulated just for xmfr coil sealing.  Available in
>quarts.  See
>Dolph Co. on the internet and look at the companies history.
>
>We use this on all of our magnet wire coils.
>
>Dr. Resonance
>

> > Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Even if you dry the secondary tube the usually coatings are
>permeable to
> > water vapor so over a period of time the tube material will reach