Re: Wiring the entire circuit

Original poster: Justin Oliver <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

What is the difference between asynchronous and synchronous motors ? What is the motor synchronising to ? And how does this affect an NST ? I need some enlightenment :)

Cheers,

-j

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Jerry White <starcatfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
What is the difference between async and sync spark gaps?
 thanks, Jerry
Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: robert heidlebaugh
Ben: I question your choice of an asynchronous motor on a AC coil with a NST
to power it. If you were using DC to power the coil you would have no
problem. NST 's have a history of not liking async spark gaps.
Robert H