Re: Litz Wire

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Helllo Folks.

I can only watch the list once in a while over the
alst few weeks so excuse me if I missed something in this
thread, but one idea came to my mind:
I do not think ordinary "household" litz wire will do any
good for a secondary over solid copper, expect when you
wind a 2 foot diameter coil it might be easier to work with ;-)
But what about that spacial RF litz, that is composed of
ssingle strands that are isolated from each other.
I once read about people winding their secondarys in several
layers claiming imprived performance, wouldn't using this litz
be more or less the same... several parallel windings with
exactly the same length?...
Onca again, just a thought

best regards

Christoph