RE: High Voltage Transformer

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>It is. However the Users Manual calls it a "Capacitor
>Charging Power Supply"

YAG lasers use both kinds of power supply. CW lasers with a high power arc
lamp use the low voltage DC supply with HV starting pulse. On the other
hand, pulsed lasers that use flashlamps have a capacitor charging power
supply.

I spent a while trying to get hold of a 1kV 3000w unit for my OLTC but
couldn't get one at a decent price (and they all seemed to be negative
output anyway) so I went down the old-fashioned resonant charging route.

Steve C.