RE: Blown tranformer

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In the past few years, I havent used any filters/safty gaps on my neon powered coils, with no problems ...this is when using a multiple static gap, NOT set to wide. My most recent coil is powered by a 'mini' pig . I got the coil tuned as good as I can, but the safty gap still fires sometimes at 1/2" +, ....this is a 14400 trans. Its a single bushing, so I dont know if that contributes to the safty gap firing,...as one side of the pig, and the bottom of the sec,and the inner turn of the pri. is tied to the same ground.....any ideas ????????????