Re: Terry's DRSSTC - All Ready!!

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

If you tie the anode side of D3 and D4 to a +0.6V reference (made with another matching diode and resister), you can clamp at precisely 0V.

Gerry R.

Hi Steve,

I also took on board (literally- I'm laying out a PCB) what Terry said about
putting the burden resistor back on the driver board and transferring the CT
signal as a current. I think I'll include that as an option on the board.

Here is how my newest one looks:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pcbart/ProtectionCard-02.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/Protection-1.1.gif

I do all the heavy current stuff for the CT in the lower right...

Here is the other sheet of my driver fwiw. I have since added a UVLO and
some safety interlock and EMI filtering stuff, which is not shown here. By
messing with the many controls on the PLL it can operate on either pole at
will with true zero crossing switching. The first two cycles always look a
bit hairy, it seems to take that long to lock in, but from then on
everything seems OK.

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/dr3_1.gif

Cool!! Now that I seem to be getting really good analog current info, I should be looking at better timing the zero current crossing.... I note that our controller circuits or evolving into pretty sophisticated things these days!!

If anyone has any comments apart from "Does it work" (cause I'm not sure
myself yet- I have tested it with a mock-up of two coupled resonators but
not a real Tesla coil) please go ahead.

Steve C.

Working on new MMC tonight:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/NewMMC.JPG