Velleman HPS10 Hand held digital scope?

Hi All,

I see the super cheap Velleman HPS10 Hand held digital scope can be had for about $150 if one shops around. I was thinking it would be nice with a current monitor when "playing" with say a DRSSTC away from home. It could also be "expendable" if things went bad (compared to the $4000 Tek scope!).

I was wondering if anyone had one and if it basically worked ok. No great need for anything fancy at all other than maybe checking peak currents and maybe tuning. Also curious about how bad it eats batteries. Bulk AAs from Digikey are pretty cheap, but so are NiMHs and a charger...

Looks like a pretty cool thing to see fast pulse stuff in a hurry... I was going to get one, but wanted to ask first in case they suck ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry