Re: RF ground - what if you can't use a ground rod?

One thought is to check the load center and see how neutral is grounded. Im thinking that if the grounding is made to the water pipe, then the water pipe must be copper. That is how my house is wired and copper pipe enters the basement and connects to the main shutoff. Independent of this, it may just be best to bury the ground rod horizontally if needed and this way you will have ground where you are operating. Just water the spot before running the coil.

Gerry R

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

The last two houses I owned used plastic to get to the
house, then copper inside the house. That's pretty
common around the southeast. Since plastic's much
cheaper than copper, I suspect that's true in most
houses newer than 15 or so.

Adam