Re:Secondary Resonance LC and Harmonics

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jared,
          Thanks for your reply:

On 28 Jun 2005, at 11:59, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

<snip>
> Hi  Malcolm
>
> Your emphasis is on operational advantage, i.e. producing the biggest
> spark. Sure this is an admirable goal, but it is not the only game in
> town. We are looking at the physics behind multiple node formation.
> Try building a three wavelength coil with six active top end
> capacitors without considering wire length ( I don't think that it is
> even possible.)

Would you please post a recipe or detailed description or at least
point to the necessary data somewhere on the web so that I might look
at exactly what you are doing and accurately reproduce the machine
you mention? My ability to reproduce anything in the short term is
somewhat limited by a bunch of circumstances (active coiling has been
considerably curtailed since I got married for one thing) but I will
promise to make the effort.

> We are in full agreement about top loading. For a given wire length
> the inductance drops as the coil gets slender. To stay at the wire
> length frequency the capacitance needs to be larger for a slender
> coil.
>
> The self capacitance also changes as a coil becomes slender but as we
> stated, we were only examining inductance and not considering issues
> of self capacitance.

I'm surprised that you do not consider the self-capacitance to be
relevant given that it is (in my opinion) inseparable from inductance
to whit: whenever there is a current flow, there is inductance and
where a potential difference is present, capacitance, both being
present in an operating Tesla resonator.

Malcolm
<snip>