Re: Golka's Magnifier

Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve,
                  While the primary is shown as 2 turns, if you are plugging
that into software, you should know that this primary made of 600 MCM is
actually wired in parallel all the way.
I also have movies not yet released that show it on a larger generator (~900
KW) where the power transformer primary is at voltage 460 volts with 600
amps current draw. Good close-up of the meter readings, actually the 600
amps was closer to pegging that meter.
Your question to item #1, as I look at a color picture of this coil, seems
to refer to the secondary and the top turn of it.  At some later point,
Golka started running the extra coil outside the area within the 51 feet
diameter as it did not require inductive coupling but was instead driven off
a wire from the secondary top to the extra coil base. The top turn of his
secondary has this corona on it, as did the wire feeding the extra coil,
both when it was within the 51 feet diameter and when it was outside the 51
feet diameter. He found it more convenient to run the extra coil  outside
the other coils for easy access.
If you have not accessed the picture yet, I scanned it off an 8 By 10 photo
and to let it print as a copy, you see it sideways on the monitor. Link is
   http://www.hot-streamer.com/mike2004/Golka_Coil_Wendover_July_4,_1974.jpg
I just see corona on the top turn of the 51 feet diameter secondary and the
extended connection of there to the extra coil.
The rest, beats me.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 AM Subject: Golka's Magnifier