Re: Brightness of streamers vs. ground strikes (Rogowski coil)

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

> Regarding the measurement of the ground strikes, I
> have already done
> extensive measurement on this.  And in reality, you
> don't get the thousands
> of amps peak current you might suspect.
>
> I measured around 7 Amps peak current for my
> particular system.

-----
The peak current of secondary ground strikes depends
on many parameters.
Like:
-size of isotropic top capacitance
-allowed discharge gap lenght given the power and BPS
-geometry of a grounded external circuit

Interaction of these conditions with transition state functions of arc plasma is extremly complicated process. It is easy to get even several hundred amps from a relatively small TC under right conditions.

All the Best,
Boris