Re: Golka video: Ball Lightning in lab. WHAT?!!!!!

Original poster: dave pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>

There seems to be something real about BL.

There is a documented instance from the mid 50s, (I haven't
the original cite) of a BL floating down the middle of an airliner cabin,
observed by all on board.  Happens the flight was headed to/near
Oak Ridge, so 'several' 'trained scientists' were among the observers.
Accounts were consistent.

Yes, eyewitness testimony, alone, is iffy.  However sometimes it is
all there is.  And, Sometimes, it leads to real, rare, phenomenon, which
may, tho usually do not, require 'new science' to explain.

My pet refernce, tho there may be better by now, is:
   Ball lightning and Bead Lighting
   Berlitz
(or close to that.  I see a more recent by James Dale)

A bit of history reading in science finds instances of failed, and
accurate eyewitness reports being derided.  from roughly 1750
thru 1850 it was 'fashionable' in conventional science to say:
      There are no shooting stars, meteorites.
       Stones do not fall fromt he sky.

My observation, from the sidelines, is that 'many' lab phenomena,
accidental and otherwise,  LOOK LIKE BL.  Usually briefly.
reproducing it for 'a minute or so, in free air' is more of a challenge.

There have been instances, involving wilfull experiments with
Submarine Propulsion batteries, and accidental faults at power
stations.
(personal note:
My brother saw a 'classic BL', years ago:
   Thunder storm
   BL 'popped out' of intercom, with much outdoor
   wiring.
I wasn't there....)

(seems to me thereough to be a BL interst group on the net???)

best
dwp