Re: ScanTesla700 - Now were playing with power :-)

Original poster: "acmdq" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Terry Fritz

> The program only does a conventional two coil system at the moment and
> Tesla's coil was a three coil magnifier type system. "I" am not sure even
> what model to use there, but Antonio has worked much in the three coil area...
>
> If the Antonio Engine were modified for a three coil system, adding the
> extra elements to the rest of the program would be very easy. One may be
> able to simply make the extra elements null values so the two coil case
> could still run under the same program... It would really be very easy to
> implement once the base model is known...

Of course, the same simulation method can be used for a
magnifier. Two extra state variables to model the current
in the third coil and the voltage at the capacitance
across the secondary coil.
It is also not difficult to change the model to allow a
time-varying (linear) load to model breakout, propagating
streamers, and arcs to ground. I would try a load composed of a
parallel capacitance, a series resistance, and another
parallel capacitance, as in the present model, but allowing
them to vary (in a way still to be determined).
The simulation would be somewhat slower, because a system of
equations would have to be solved at each time step (or
at least when the load changes).
I will try to upgrade my "engine" for these cases.
The use of the program to make 3D maps of the tuning relations
was an interesting idea. A good insight on what happens in
a Tesla coil can be obtained by running a lossless case.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

__________________________________________________________________________ UOL Fone: Fale com o Brasil e o Mundo com até 90% de economia. http://www.uol.com.br/fone