Re: Streamer length vs. power delivery time...

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

I ran my coil tonight, posted results (including pictures) on its webpage:

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC1.htm

I got 72" strikes with only 6 cycles!!  That should be 8.7J bang
energy or about 1044W at 120bps.  The MMC only got to about body temp
:-).

Anyway, the primary current was up to 700A with air streamers and
briefly tripped the 800A limiter during heavy ground strikes.  I will
play with the Rprimary in pspice to try to make my primary current
match up.  I found Rprimary to be extremely crucial to everything.

Also, there is NO energy left in the primary 1 cycle after the driver
is shut off (the current hits zero fast).  Pspice did NOT match this
with the 6p+220k streamer, in fact it took maybe another 6-7 cycles
before the current hit zero.  Something isnt right with the model
yet...

Steve