To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:45 AM
Subject: Microwave capacitors

Original poster: Illicium Verum <sebas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Chris,
200 dollars is a lot, if you would have asked on the list.... I can
buy them here in Thailand for 1,82 USD each, buying ten plus shipping
would have saved you some money. You can use them for a power factor
corection, but as a primary capacitor they won't do well. I use high
speed 450VAC pulse capacitors with a speed of 3300 Vµs. The speed
3300 Vµs does not mean that the capacitor is made to handle 3300 Volt.
It only indicates how fast a capacitor can be charged and discharged.
In this case the capacitor is rated at 1000 Volt DC and can charge and
discharge itself 3.3 times in 1 µs. The speed of the capacitor is
related to the time it takes the Tesla coil to produce a spark and
should therefore be as high as possible.

-- Best regards, Sebastiaan