RE: Perfecting my final design...

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

Re. the tungsten rod, it depends on how powerful your coil is and how
long you want the rod to last before readjusting for erosion (ablation).
I use a 5/32" rod with a 15/60 NST.  Ablation is visible but not yet
significant, with perhaps 20 minutes total run time.

My Teletype sync motor is fairly small, but I'm sure it could spin up a
much thicker rod.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA