Re: Perfecting my final design...

Hi Bob,

That doesn't sound right. All of the current filiments need to go the same direction for the fluxes to add. Im thinking the correct way to look at it is to decompose the spiral into N current loops. Each one contributes to the total flux thru the center. It doesnt make any difference whether the current is working its way toward the center or toward the outside. What matters is the direction it travels relative to the center. Think right hand rule to determine the direction is traveling.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That had me going for a moment or two too.

If the centers are connected together then its the correct thing to do.

If you were to connect the centre to the outer of the next layer they would
need to be wound in the same direction.

Robert (R. A.) Jones A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl 407 649 6400 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:00 AM Subject: Re: Perfecting my final design...