Re: Perfecting my final design...

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm worried working with the acrylic: I don't have special bits to drill
> with it or saw it so I hope when drilling it won't crack and its only 1/4"
> thick. To hold the copper tubing in I'm using PE cutting board strips. How
> can I bolt the PE down? I'm guessing just extand 1/8" nylon bolts on the
> strips.

A couple of tips I've collected that are useful for working with acrylic are:

-Pilot holes!  Use them when drilling larger holes.  Also if you plan to
 cut acrylic, you can drill many small holes along the cut path so that if the
 acrylic cracks, it's more likely to crack towards the next hole.

-Go slow!  Cracks happen when you try to go too fast..be patient.

-Make sure your saw has many small teeth and is rotating or reciprocating
 very quickly (I've had good luck in using a high-rpm dremyl type tool with
 a cutting wheel).

Justin