Re: MOV's

Hi,

The MOVs in the Terry filter will not just wear out. They will either last forever, or get fried directly.

If used within specs, MOVs will last forever. Power strips and many applications us them to take large hits vastly over their ratings where they might only work "once", but they will still save equipment even if the MOV is destroyed.

I have seen cases where a MOV tests perfectly good, but the leads were blown off buy a single spike ;-))

If they are pounded hard over time, they will fail too. Normally, they last forever.

Cheers,

        Terry