monitoring this sight for over 6 months, gathering information, and learning
as much as possible while lerking in the shadows. I found about it from Dr.
R back in late october when I bought a pig, 18" fiberglass coil form, and a
34 X 8.5 inch toroid. I am working on a big coil. I succesfully built a 4"
coil that gives me about 40" sparks with a 15/60 NST. This will be my first
post. I too have one of the GE Voltpack 3 phase variacs. I wan't to parallel
all 3 of them. If nothing else I wan't to start out with 2 in parallel. I
have a variac core from a 120v, 20 A staco. Last night I wrapped 12 turns of
#8 THHN wire around it. I wound both wires at the same time in a similar
fasion to the picture of the comercial paralleling chocke on Scot T.'s
sight. If I may draw a crude diagram of this as an aski representation, I
would like to know exactly how to wire it. Assuming H1 & H3 are the ends
next to each other, and H2 & H4 are the other ends, do I connect H1 & H3 to
each wiper on the 2 variacs, and H2 & H 4 together. -OR- Do I tie H1 & H4 to
the wipers, and H2, H3 together?

            H1                    H2
                UUUUUUU
          H3                      H4
                UUUUUUU

Hope this isn't too confusing.
Ok on a further note, can I wind 3 coils on the same core, and tie 3 variacs
together? If this post works, I'll most likely be asking many more
questions.

    THANKS!
    Soundchaser