Re: Magnetic spark gap quenching

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

I'm asking this to make my mistakes online rather than with magnets in place :-)

How would I setup magnets to "blow out" the arc in the spark gap? (Presently I use a push/pull fan configured to get "A Mighty Wind" blowing through the arc and to quench it quickly.)

I *believe* I have it worked out by looking at how magnets affect electron beams in a TV to cause the 1/60th refresh. But I hate to fry these magnets -- getting them out of the disk drive took quite some doing -- so if anyone has done this, or seen documentation on how to do it, I would be grateful for a pointer. I'll report the results back to the list.

    Thank you in advance,

    Dave Small