RE: 240V feeder and HV cabinet ground question, Miss-communicated

Electricians Wanted:-)

Sorry for the obvious confusion here:-)There is NO swimming pool.
Esthetically, my wife found the green pool cabinet acceptable.

[#1] The question is whether the pig case, neutral strap removed ,neutral
unused, and the "pool" cabinet be Grounded to the Mains ground, an Isolated
ground rod, or the RF ground (nearby). The direct burial cable to the pig
has (2) #8awg and a ground from my dedicated sub-panel, which has a 25 foot
4 run of #4awg (Neutral, Hots, and Utility Ground) to the Service Entrance
(mains) on a 60amp breaker.

The neutral is NOT bonded in the sub-panel per audio grounds loops, planes,
and stuff I still don't understand, although it is grounded to a water pipe
nearby which still connects it to neutral indirectly which may be worse.

[#2] Should I just bond the neutral screw in the sub-panel?

-----Original Message----- From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:44 PM To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: 240V feeder and HV cabinet ground question

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I forget what your project is, but if you are planning
on running near a pool, there is something you may not
be aware of. NEC requires all metal in and around a
pool to be bonded. This means that if you are running
a coil and someone touches anything metal, such as
supports for a diving board, ladder, slide,
pump/motor, etc, they "may" get a shock, depending on
how you wired and grounded your device. Bonding
connects all metal parts together, but generally
doesn't include a ground rod. Instead, a fairly large
conductor goes back to the house panelboard (breaker
box). That way, your pool pump/motor, lights, etc. are
all connected to the same house ground. My concern is
if you have someone in contact with the house ground,
by sitting on a diving board, depending on how your
control panel is wired up, there could be a hazard.

Adam
<snip>