separating magnets

Original poster: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dave,

If you want to separate your supermagnets, I'd suggest drilling two flat pieces of scrap pallet wood to snugly fit the circumferences of the magnets, and position them asymmetrically so you could use a bench vise to slide them apart across the plane of contact, sort of like a wooden pair of scissors. You could use a loosely applied C-clamp or two to keep the wood pieces flat against each other during the process .
Should work like a charm.

Dave Speck
Yes, I have two 1.5" thk. x 4" dia. hockey puck sized N-48 neodymium
magnets that got stuck together and are now ONE 3" thk. x 4" dia. mag-
net!  Once they became "one" big magnet, I simply tightened a 4" hose
clamp around the seam where their surfaces meet, because I'm certainly
not going to be pulling these apart!