Re: I'm a little confused

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 6/2/05 7:50:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tom,

Provided your coil is properly tuned, changing the number of
turns is not going to make much difference to the spark length.
For example a coil with 800 turns may give a 36" spark,
and a coil with 1400 turns may give a 40" spark.  We're
talking maybe 10% if that.  Also exact proportions of
secondary height to width, etc are not really important
as long as it's in the ballpark (reasonable ) area.

There are other factors that have more of an effect on
spark length.  For example the spark gap can make a big
difference.  Also the toroid size is important.  Although
it sounds like your toroid size is probably OK.

Your results are not really bad overall.  Many folks get
much worse results.

I discuss some TC aspects at my website:

  http://hometown.aol.com/futuret/page3.html

Cheers,
John