intro

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings!

My name is Justin and I've got the bug to make a tesla coil. (Hi Justin...)

Here in Texas we have a little festival called Burning Flipside, which is related to Burning Man, which is the only place I've ever seen tesla coils fire.

Do any of you know of Dr. Megavolt?  Maybe he's on this list? :)

Anyway, I'm in the early phase where my plan is to just absorb as much
information as possible on the topic and any actual building is probably
at least 6 months away.  There seems to be a lot of great info on the net,
but if any of you have any links or books you think would be particularly
helpful I'm all ears.

Also if you have any advice for a first timer I'd love to hear it as well. There seem to be quite a few ways to skin this cat.

Regards, Justin Cooper