RE: Ready for SSTC but need help

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been meaning to post this but I recently bought Dan's book and it
is flat out __excellent__.

He gives complete schematics for a basic coil including part numbers and
mechanical drawings and then adds a bunch of new ideas from his latest
coil.  Included is a full pSPICE analysis.

I built a few spark gap coils -- one in highschool that I still wince
when I think of the design errors (I'm 54 so that __was__ a while ago
though...) and one good one about fifteen years ago (had some wonderful
communications on FIDO with Richard Quick about design).

I now live on a farm and winters are the time for strange hobbies -- I
had been planning to build a fairly large SG coil but after reading
Dan's book, I'm now making other plans for my potential transformer and
starting to gather parts for this fall's project.

The only heads up is that he sends it via book rate so it will take a
week or so to arrive after your payment.  Don't panic.

Dave