Re: Capacitor Help Needed

Sorry, you are right. I missed the 16P. My experience with with the 20S68K, 20P1K, and the 20P15K. I cant remember the exact prices, but I the cost seemed in line with the value of capacitance. The 0.068 was approximately half the cost as the 0.15 uf.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

there`s no time to answer, but i mentioned 942C16P68K, not the 942C20S68K,
so you are wrong - as for the cost, so for the size. just try to build
mmc rated at 0.1 mf  20 kv for example.

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The 0.068 uf cap has the same peak current specs as the 0.15 uf cap
> on a per uf basis.  The ERS and Irms specs are better than the 0.15uf
> cap on a uf basis.  I have bought the 0.068, the 0.10 and the 0.15 uf
> and I believe the cost per uf is almost the same.  The main benefit
> for the 0.15uf is density (you can get more cap into the same volume
> with fewer components as with the 0.068uf cap
>
> Gerry R.
>

> >Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >guys - why do you use 942C20P15K? it`s more than 2 times worse in
> >C*U/$ than 942C16P68K for example, it has smaller peak & rms current.
> >i know that dU/dt is almost 3 times higher, but for 100-200 khz coils
> >942C16P68K should be fine, and then we just can increase number of
> >caps per string.

---
All I saw was a bright white flash, an explosion like a high-powered
gunshot, and the thick smell of ozone and electrical damage.
(c) Richard Quick  22-01-95 00:13:00