Re: Teslas Ball Lightning

Original poster: "Chris Rutherford" <chris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Malcolm,

BL exists, it has been reported since 1800.  The only reason it 'does
not exist' is because it can't be reproduced in the lab.  What I'm
trying to do is differentiate between spherical discharge and BL.
i.e. BL has an extraordinary decay, where as a normal fire ball has a
ordinary delay (if you see what I mean).  So far I have only been able
to produce ordinary decay, i.e. 3 frames or 0.12 seconds.  For an
extraordinary decay the BL needs a) a retarding process or b) an
external source.  As Tesla clearly produced 1 inch ordinary decay
(CSNp333), it is only fair to speculate that Tesla managed to produce
extraordinary decay and worked out the reason for the decay.  If I can
produce decay of 0.13 seconds with 750VA and some bits of graphite
(melting point 3000C) then I'm pretty sure Tesla managed to do
something more interesting with 250KVA.

Some of my ordinary decay discharges.

http://www.hackinghardware.com/tesla/cr-bl1.jpg
http://www.hackinghardware.com/tesla/cr-bl2.jpg
http://www.hackinghardware.com/tesla/cr-bl3.jpg

cr-bl3 is interesting,  it shows spherical discharge as an isolated
process after the streamer has moved away from that space.

Thanks

Chris R