RE: Streamer V/I and energy balance

Hi Marco,

At 01:02 AM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
Hi Terry,

Great that you did the same energy balance check on your data! Thank you.
It is interesting to see that also you measured V and I of different polarity.

The fact that the final energy is "the same at the end as the first peak" doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that the streamer energy "decreases" at some point. The streamer should be a net consumer, not a reactive energy storage. At least not so much reactive (capacitance should be pretty low). I'm just refusing to accept the streamer is "feeding back" the TC.

In my case, all the frequencies are high and my pickup antenna is not at all well mounted :o))

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest44.JPG

It is the copper plate sitting on top of the trash can under the table... I will try to redo the test will more sane mounting of the antenna. I will also check to see if any of my CTs go higher than 20MHz. To solid plane antenna my also get eddy currents on the surface (at very high frequencies) since I never bothered to etch a proper pattern into it...

So I will fiddle with it to see if it changes anything.

We might just be seeing the charged surfaces of the room draining back into the coil too...

Cheers,

        Terry

Any clue anybody or are we just after some measurement artifact?

Best Regards