Re: Streamer V/I evolution

Hi Terry,

You might try to short out your CT and see what the scope picks up (of course maintain the same physical proximity) . This could say something about the integrity of your measurement.

If a shorted CT gives zero on the scope, you may want to re-enable the CT but remove the wire threading thru it and try again. If the results are also zero, then maybe your measurement is good.

Gerry R

I am wondering if the scope is too low of bandwidth for the current monitor. Instead of picking up fast high current peaks the low bandwidth is tuning the pulse into a slower lower current peak.

It is possible the arc is just getting noise into my stuff somewhere too and the currents are not that high at all? Yours is far better shielded than mine.

Cheers,

        Terry