Re: Streamer V/I evolution - Topics Moderator note

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry

> Here is a typical higher speed scope capture I got: > > http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Marco-001.gif > > The scope is 100MHz. The yellow is the top voltage from the plane > wave antenna (not in a real good position sitting on a trash can > under the table...) and the blue is the current from the Pearson. It > looks like the big spark takes place in about 50nS! The raw > numerical data file is here: > > http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Marco-002.CSV

Are you suggesting that the spark only lasts for 50nS?  This is
strange in that when viewing the primary current on my DRSSTC during
ground strikes, it "seems" as if the streamer lasts for at least a few
RF cycles.  Im basing this on the observable increase in primary
current levels at a specific point.  I do note a spike in the waveform
when the arc connects, but the primary current stays elevated for the
rest of the bang.  Now im wondering if simply the fact of the
secondary capacitance being drained to zero (perhaps in that 50nS) is
what kicks the primary current up, or if the streamer would have to
"hold" the secondary output voltage down (for many uS) to have that
effect.  I think pspice will tell me...  More later, time for school!

Steve