Re: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/20/05 2:28:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ahhh......it is indeed not enough! As I adjust the inductor (ie
variac) the voltage continuously drops! NO resonant rise. I thought
4uF was enough? the motor is .3A at 7.5W....other's have had sucess.....

Also I don't think you mentioned whether you're using the
run cap that is supposed to be used with the oriental motor.
If this is not used, then everything will be different.  A larger
phase cap will be needed, and you may not develop enough
torque in general.  The oriental motor calls for a 2uF phase
cap I think.  I mentioned the actual value in a previous posting.

John